- Contains the only dermatologist developed over-the-counter acne retinoid you can buy
- Clears the acne you have and stops new acne in its tracks
- Works continuously to treat and prevent acne when used daily
- Contains the first FDA-approved over-the-counter acne retinoid
Take a different approach to clearing—and preventing—your acne. Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free Differin® Gel contains the retinoid adapalene, the first over-the-counter active ingredient for acne in more than 30 years. It’s what you and your skin have been waiting for. Use daily. Get consistently clear
- Clears acne with the power of Rx, without a prescription needed
- Prevents breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, blemishes and clogged pores
- Restores skin tone and texture by clearing acne
- Available in 15g (up to 30-day supply) and 45g (up to 90-day supply)
- Find it in the original tube, and now in an easy-to-use new pump
- Differin® Gel can be used to effectively treat acne or “maskne” caused by wearing face masks or facial coverings
Active ingredient: adapalene 0.1% (retinoid)
Inactive ingredients: carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide. May contain hydrochloric acid to adjust pH.
Believe in the Differin
Immediately starts working deep in pores, where acne starts
Acne reduction may appear after week 2
Normal, mild redness may appear as skin adapts
Reduction of inflammation and blemishes continues
Continually rebalances skin cells to help prevent pores from clogging
Acne is significantly reduced thus, skin tone and texture begins to restore
Use daily to prevent future breakouts
Simulation of actual results
How to do things Differin
- Use Differin® Gentle Cleanser to keep skin clean.
- Next apply a thin layer of Differin® Gel once every day all over your face—even when your face is clear—for long-term results.
- Don’t be discouraged by temporary retinization that may occur when using Differin® Gel; it should subside after about week 4.
- Add sun protection under makeup without clogging pores, with Differin® Oil Absorbing Moisturizer with SPF 30. At night, help decrease dryness and other signs of irritation with a non-SPF moisturizer such as Differin® Soothing Moisturizer.
is brought to you
by the acne experts
A Dermatologist's Perspective
How do you use Differin® Gel?
It’s time to rethink how you apply your acne treatment.Dr. Adam Friedman
What does Differin® Gel do to clear acne?
Differin® Gel contains adapalene, a type of retinoid. Topical retinoids, like Differin® Gel, play a crucial role in the treatment of acne. Retinoids have vitamin A activity which helps regulate cell turnover to make sure your skin goes through the right process, creating a healthier environment for skin. Regulating cell turnover helps to keep the pores from clogging and target acne before it even starts. Don’t think of Differin® Gel as a spot treatment only to be used when acne rears its ugly head. In fact, if used daily, Differin® Gel stops new acne from forming, resulting in improved skin tone and texture.See more FAQ
Discover Your Clarity Collection
Ready to make gorgeously clear skin part of your everyday look? Take this quick quiz to find your custom fit, most-effective, routine lineup
We only send good stuff. Promise.
Be the first to know about new products,
discounts and skin health news.
*The Differin® Frustration Free Guarantee offer only applies to the purchase of one (1) Differin® Gel 15g or 45g product made between February 21, 2022 and December 31, 2022. Limit one refund per name, address or household. Visit Differin.com/frustration-free-guarantee for additional information.